Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Number Three


Easter Egg Hunt Next Door Posted by Picasa

As Maya gets older, one of the most obvious ways to mark time is how each holiday is different from the previous years. Her first Easter, she was only 4 months old, so there wasn't a lot of action to be had. Her second Easter, she was getting good at walking but the concept of finding things that were hidden was a tougher one. But man, she loved those plastic eggs. She carried them around in a basket for about two weeks until I got tired of stepping on them and they mysteriously "disappeared" while she napped one day.

While she hasn't outgrown her love of the plastic eggs, this year she took to hiding them herself. The surprise was on her Easter morning when she realized we had filled them with Life Savers and pennies . Our neighbors hid some outside this year and she and Ryan scoured the tall grass looking for them. Shouts of "I found one!" and "Here's another one!" rang out as they ran around trying to get to the eggs first. But I guess the real milestone was that I hardly had to help Maya find any this year - my baby is growing up.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

I know that dress!
She is just beautiful!

Its hard as they grow up.

Happy Easter Maya!

Love you all.